Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Last Lecture

Standing in front of hundreds of students, sharing your journey and your experiences on this planet we call earth. Telling them you only have a few months to live, telling them how you feel. You would think, sadness, fear, anger. But no. You tell them, you feel happy, grateful for the life you have had, and that you feel happy. The students look at you like your crazy. But you tell them that feeling sadness and depression for the months that you have left on this earth is just making the last few months miserable. You want to live life to the fullest, and when the time comes, you may leave this earth but the memories of being happy will stay with you. This man, Randy Pausch, was a bright, strong, and  happy. He died leaving many people to sit and think about their own lives, and their own story. Rest in peace Randy, may we all take your example and be happy no matter the situation life gives us. If I had to give my last lecture I would share my life journey, the amazing experiences I had, and the memories that will stay with me forever. I would focus on the happy things that happened in my life, because thats what I want to focus on...being happy. I would tell the audience what I am telling you right now, that no matter the situation, you can always find optimism even if you don't find it right away, trust me, it's there. I would tell them not to feel bad for me, to stay on the bright side of things and to let those sad, angry, depressed emotions take over. Be happy, and enjoy the moments you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment